At AustraLaw we like to help people make things, and do things differently.
Exciting innovations are happening in numerous areas, such as:
- Internet of Things
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, and robotics
- Blockchain, smart contracts, and decentralised applications
Recent litigation has highlighted the importance of:
- Securing appropriate licences before using third-party code in your software
- Treating intellectual property rights as key deliverables on Internet of Things projects
- Designing robotics systems in a manner that actively assists in avoiding and defending legal claims
- Assessing what legal rights your business model depends upon, and securing those rights in writing
- Securing ownership of Intellectual Property that has been generated for your business by contractors
- Contractually securing your confidential information and trade secrets
All this significantly heightens the importance of engaging multidisciplinary legal advisers who can:
- Understand your business and its objectives,
- Minimise the time you spend dealing with legal issues,
- Help you navigate the regulatory hurdles,
- Protect your IP,
- Ensure that your contractual arrangements fit your business model, and
- Preemptively manage the legal risks involved in introducing new technologies to the public.
We can also assist with the development of use cases, proposals to government bodies, and maximising the valuation of your business (Securing the value of your business by protecting your IP).
At AustraLaw you’ll have the benefit of dealing with a lawyer who is also a trained mechatronics engineer. We are familiar with a range of programming languages (C, C++, Python, Assembly, Java, JavaScrip – including the Solidity language for blockchain projects), and the challenges of integrating mechanical and electronic systems. We are quick on the uptake and interested to learn about your business and your projects.
Engaging AustraLaw means partnering with a law firm that is actively interested in the technology you are developing and seeing it succeed. More than just legal support, we can be a valuable sounding board in the development of your projects.
A lawyer’s advice is only as good as their understanding of your business and objectives. We work closely with you to understand your goals, proactively protect your interests, and chart a course to your success.